JobID 293 : Support- Secretary of Maintenance Operations (#1853202)
Secretary of Maintenance Operations
Job Title: Secretary of Maintenance Operations
Credentials: None required for this position.
Education: High school diploma or GED
Tra or Training or experience required: 3 years of school system secretarial experience preferred. Minimum of 2 years with computer experience using word processing, databases, and spreadsheets. 1-2 years processing accounts receivable/payable and 1 year radio dispatching.
Site: Central Services Center
Reports to: Director of Central Services
Contract: 260 Days
Salary Schedule: Secretary 1
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform secretarial duties for the Director of Central Services Center, Supervisor of Energy, Operations, Records and Regulation Compliance Officer, Maintenance Supervisor and Custodial Supervisor.
- Receive telephone and radio messages. Dispatch personnel and provide necessary information. Receive walk in visitors and directs them to proper persons or answers questions.
- Maintain personnel and other confidential and departmental records in both a hard copy and when possible on computer. Set up a filing system for department secretaries so that information can be readily retrievable.
- Assimilate data, prepare daily, weekly and other reports. Such reports and files not limited to service files for vehicles, accidents, safety training, etc.
- Maximize use of computers to simplify word processing, filing, database management, mailing labels, charts, and common forms that need to be kept or processed. Must have knowledge in advanced word processing and spreadsheet to simplify work for others and to train other secretaries.
- Develop or oversee the development of desk manuals for each clerical position so that other individuals can fill in during absences.
- Prepare work orders and requisitions. Keep departmental books on equipment/supplies ordered, received, and inventoried. Maintain computer log of status of reports.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, and appointments. Record minutes, prepares agendas, prepares meeting rooms, make copies as necessary for meetings.
- Assist with reference checks, with training in personnel rules and procedures and with requests to see confidential files. Prepare weekly employee time cards. Maintain address and mailing listing for department personnel.
- Assist parents and patrons with complaints and special requests of a routine nature. May act as liaison for more difficult requests between public and department.
- Prepare correspondence. Handle incoming and outgoing mail.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: