BAND ASSISTANT (220-day position)
Assist the Band Director and/or other professionals by performing assigned duties related to the band program.
ESSENTIAL TASKS (List is not exhaustive as additional duties may be assigned as needed.)
- Assist/Support the Band Director in performing specific duties as assigned or undertaking specialized tasks as it pertains to the running of the overall band program.
- Assist/Support with classroom management to maintain effective and efficient time on task during instruction.
- Support Band Director's decisions and instructions and ensure they are followed.
- Maintain Medical Release Forms for each student in the band and make sure forms are available and readily accessible on each trip in the event of emergency.
- Assist substitute teacher when Band Director is absent.
- Maintain student information forms for each student in the band.
- Copy necessary forms or music for Band Director and students.
- Maintain all forms and paperwork as instructed by the Band Director.
- Prepare programs for Annual Concerts (Christmas and Spring).
- Help with fundraising activities.
- Attend and assist Band Director on all trips.
- Attend and assist with all band rehearsals in July and August.
- Work with the Booster Club and attend all monthly meetings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED required.
Associate's Degree or higher; or High School Diploma or equivalent with additional 60 semester credit hours from accredited institutes; or High School Diploma or equivalent with successful completion of the ParaPro Assessment required.
Some experience working with students preferred.
Significant standing, walking, moving, carrying, bending, , kneeling, and reaching.
FLSA Status -- Non-Exempt