JobID 4794 : School Social Worker (#1846619)
Posted 2 months ago
General Position Information
Position Department/Campus: Supports Assigned LTS Campuses
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
- Participate in special education assessment alongside evaluators as deemed fit by the multidisciplinary evaluation team (MET).
- Work on and provide strategies/ supports to students in unique living circumstances that impact their adjustment to school.
- Develop and run counseling groups for students identified as having life circumstances that impact academic or social well-being within the educational environment.
- Work with families to mobilize school and community resources to assist with enabling learning within the educational program.
- Assist school personnel with the creation and implementation of positive behavioral supports.
- Work alongside other school mental health staff and school administration to provide crisis supports as deemed necessary.
- Provide consultative supports to school personnel to further understand the unique factors impacting and affecting a student’s behavioral, academic and/ or social emotional functioning within the educational environment.
- Develop and deliver staff training as needed.
- Knowledgeable about community resources to meet the needs of students.
- Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior
- Engage diversity and difference in practice
- Advances human rights and social, economic, and environmental practice
- Engages in practice informed research and research informed practice
- Engages in policy practice
- Engages with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities
- Assesses individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities
- Intervenes with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities
- Evaluates practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a quick paced environment.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to articulate knowledge and impart professional judgment in a clear and comprehensible manner.
- Neutrality is used when communicating with campus staff; decisions are made using data and guidance.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Immaculate organizational and time management skills.
- Exhibit appropriate professional conduct in all professional situations.
- Enjoys engaging in collaborative relationships and working within a strong team dynamic.
- Possess honesty, integrity, and a willingness to uphold the ethical standards of the professions embedded within special education teams.
- Feedback and constructive criticism are used to fuel future behaviors that promote staff performance as well as their own performance.
- Engages in active listening and ask questions when information is not understood.
- Open to new ideas and understands the importance of engaging in professional development.
- Ability to maintain composure remain neutral while completing responsibilities.
- Holds an endorsement as a school social worker from the Nevada Department of Education (NAC 391.320)
- School social work experience is preferred.
- Hold a Valid Driver’s License
- Travel between assigned campuses as required
- At Least 2 years K-12 (SPED) teaching experience or School Counselor experience
- The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Duties are performed typically in school and/or office settings throughout the division. May include frequent walking, standing, stooping, lifting up to approximately 25 pounds and occasional lifting of equipment and/or materials weighing up to approximately 40 pounds may be required.
- Must be flexible with working environment as specific duties assigned to the position do not occur within a specific setting within the school environment; flexibility is needed.
- The position is federally funded. The continuation of this position will be revisited annually based on funding.