JobID 747 : Instructional Content Tutor – Early Childhood Education/Preschool - 4 hours per day 11:30am-3:30pm (#1845842)
POSITION: Instructional Content Tutor (teacher assistant) – Early Childhood Education/Preschool -4 hours per day.
SALARY RANGE: Nine-month position (follows the school calendar with daily schedule of approximately 11:30am-3:30p.m. on school days; to be determined by the Director of Early Childhood Education). Salary range is $14.50-25.45 per hour depending on education and experience.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Please submit an application (available online at www.weld8.org) along with a letter of interest, three letters of recommendation and a current resume listing your qualifications and experiences for the position. Applicant must apply online. Contact, Dr. Wynette
Howard, Early Childhood Education Director at email@example.com.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- Minimum of a two year associates degree or the equivalent of two years of college required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Interact with children in warm, supportive and responsive ways. Use positive guidance strategies to minimize challenging behaviors.
- Support and assist students during mealtime, toileting and handwashing activities.
- Provide one-on-one support to young students, such as helping them write their names or learning counting
- Experience working with preschool children
- Ability to supervise students on the school grounds, in classrooms, in lunchrooms, in hallways and during transitions to and from buses.
- as assigned by the administration or designee.
- Able, under the direction of licensed staff, to tutor students, reinforce learning and supervise students working independently and in groups.
- Able to serve as a team player; perform clerical work, assist with communications between home and school and respond to minor emergencies and perform first aid as necessary as necessary.
- Such alternatives to the above duties as the administration may find appropriate and acceptable.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: Open until filled.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- 9-month position with 4 hour days (approximately 11:30am-3:30pm) following the school calendar.
- All contracts/agreements for employment of personnel shall be subject to the approval of the Board of Education.
- No smoking is allowed in any Weld County School District Re 8 buildings.
- Selected applicant must comply with the District's Drug-Free Workplace policy.
- As required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant must verify, within 72 hours of employment, his/her legal right to be employed in the United States
An equal opportunity affirmative action employer
In compliance with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, Colorado law and Board of Education Policy AC (Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity), Weld County School District Re-8 does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, religion, ancestry, need for special education services, age, marital status, genetic information, or physical characteristics in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates. Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees and members of the public. The following person has been identified as the compliance officer for the district: Superintendent, Weld County School District Re-8: 200 S. Fulton Ave, Fort Lupton, CO 80621, 303.857.3200, firstname.lastname@example.org.