JobID 9393 : Grant Manager (#1843538)
Grant Manager, Administration
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: A/P/T
(Negotiable based on education & experience)
Reports to: Director of Finance
Contract Length/ Days: (2019-2020/ 260)
Date Posted: October 16, 2019
Deadline for application: Until-Filled (Applicant screening will begin no later than 10/23/2019. Applications are still accepted until the position is filled; however, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible).
Bachelor’s Degree, with accounting emphasis
Experience with Excel
Two years related experience
Grant management and accounting experience
Responsibilities will include some or all of the following: Responsibilities on a monthly basis will include the following: maintaining and establishing all federal, state and local grants, preparing financial grant reports for review by District School Board, Directors, Coordinators, and School Principals, monitoring expenses and requesting funding. Responsible for monthly local, federal and state agency reporting.
Provide guidance to accounting staff, service centers staff and school accounting staff in financial procedures and policies. Monitor grant expenses to make sure they follow district guidelines. Responsible on a monthly or quarterly basis for billing on Grants, and producing financial information for external reporting requirements. Responsible on a yearly basis for preparing and reconciling financial reports for auditors, reviewing all trial balances prepared by external auditors for accuracy, and assisting the Finance Director with compilation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
- Use good judgement, accounting and computer background to complete financial and statistical portions of surveys and government reports.
- Prepare adjusting journal entries, budget journal entries, purchase orders and expense reimbursements as necessary.
- Development and preparation of monthly grant financial reports for the distribution to various locations and departments, and the School Board.
- Compare budgets to actuals on a monthly basis, and make sure funds are spent in a timely manner.
- Reconcile general ledger balance sheet accounts as assigned. Review revenue and expense account summaries for proper posting of transactions. Provides external auditor with information as requested.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer and Finance Director with projections and development of the annual budget.
- Research financial questions presented by services groups and provide financial information to services groups and other departments.
- Manage and oversee Grant Accountant’s responsibilities.
- Collaborate with Grant Account Technicians to serve as a liaison between the Finance Department and the Division of Academic Achievement.
- Serve as a point of contact for grant related financial matters between CDE and the District.
- Book Indirects on a quarterly basis.
- Provide purchasing support to program managers.
- Assist in travel arrangements for grant funded conferences.
- Reconcile P-Cards for grant funded cardholders.
- Manage the Special Education budget by providing monthly updates on categorical spending.
- Respect all confidential matters.
- Assist auditors with files, reports, and other information.
- Compile financial information into reports or graphic presentations for administrators as requested.
- Present new procedures to groups of 10 to 80 people as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
- Light lifting, under 15 pounds.
- Prolonged periods of sitting while entering date and processing paperwork
- Use of fingers for data entry and 10-key.
Minimal travel may be required
Knowledge, Skills, and Mental Ability
- Proficient on spreadsheet software (EXCEL).
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Knowledge of Uniform Grant Guidance
- Ability to write and analyze system programs, both PC and mainframe.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal, and problem solving skills required.
- Ten-key calculator by touch.
- Ability to think creatively and identify procedural improvements as needed.
- Experience in using automated financial management computer systems.
- Ability to perform all functions of the position.
Equipment and Materials Used
- Personal Computer and programs: Excel and Word
- Fascimile machine
- Photocopy machine
- Laser printer
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position.