JobID 1818 : Head JV Track Coach (#1841749)
Position: Head JV Track Coach at Windsor High School. Starting 2019/20 season
Salary range Tier 3 of Athletic Salary Schedule: $3,778 - $4,380 based on coaching experience.
Position is responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing the JV Track program at Windsor High school. Position assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in meet strategies and techniques. Position also includes meet management/directing, sprint/relay/hurdle coaching and general team responsibilities.
1. Assists the head coach with instructing students in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
2. Organizes and directs individual, small group and whole group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
3. Assesses student’s skills, monitors students during competition and practice, and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
4. Assists with determining meet strategy.
5. Assists the head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
6. Follows established procedures in the event of an injury.
7. Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards students, officials, and spectators.
8. Maintains the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
9. Distributes equipment, supplies, and uniforms to students as directed by the head coach.
10. Assists the head coach with submitting a list of award winners at the end of the season.
11. Participates in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
12. Performs support tasks such as distributing and maintaining eligibility forms, emergency data cards, and other related records.
13. Is responsible for running 1 JV meet in the Welco series and helping conduct multiple varsity meets
1. Attends staff development meetings, clinics and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
2. Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Head Track Coach, Athletic Director & Principal or other appropriate administrator.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required) Some experience as an assistant Track coach at the high school or college level preferred. Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills. Must possess some knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
CPR and First Aid Certification is required and can be obtained after hiring.