JobID 4287 : Web Content Manager (pending departure of incumbent) (#1840017)
Job | Posted a month ago
Job Title: Web Content Manager
Department: Communications and Public Relations
Reports To: Director of Communications
Number of Days: 12 Months
Security Access: Education Service Center
Overtime Status: Exempt
Mission and Vision: Tulsa Public Schools is the destination for extraordinary educators who work with our community and families to ignite the joy of learning and prepare every student for the greatest success in college, careers and life. Our mission is to inspire and prepare every student to love learning, achieve ambitious goals and make positive contributions to our world.
Core Values: Our core values guide how we work and interact with each other at every level of the organization. We embrace and embody these values every day:
- Equity: All children deserve the opportunity to develop their full academic and social potential. Our diversity is a community treasure, and we must foster an inclusive environment by examining biases and resolving unfair practices.
- Character: We are honest, trustworthy and have high standards of behavior. We do the right thing even when it is hard. While we do not always agree, we treat one another with kindness and respect.
- Excellence: We work hard together and expect a lot of one another because high standards produce exemplary knowledge, skills, abilities and mindsets.
- Team: We care for one another, support the personal and professional development of one another, and work together to improve our community
- Joy: Joy at school and at work makes us more productive, because when we create, innovate and imagine, our motivation grows. We want to ensure that everyone knows the excitement that comes from working deeply on a problem, task or concept and experiencing breakthrough moments.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Communications, provide both long-term strategic oversight for and day-to-day management of the Tulsa Public Schools website, growing the district’s digital reach with fresh, relevant, and robust content that provides an exceptional user experience and markets the district as a destination for excellence in teaching and learning. The web manager will work with the communications team, department-level web team members, and school-level web team members to ensure that branding, messaging, tone, and style are aligned across all district and school web pages and will serve as district lead in developing internal capacities to create and manage high-quality website content reflecting the district’s core values and strategic priorities.
- Alignment with vision, values and goals of Tulsa Public Schools
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, web design, marketing, public relations or related fields
- Experience developing content for websites, social media, and/or marketing and public relations collateral
- Experience in web-based design, publishing, and CMS preferred
Responsibilities and Essential Functions: The following duties are representative of performance expectations. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform essential functions.
- Work with the Director of Communications to implement a web communications strategy aligned with the goals and priorities of Destination Excellence.
- Develops site navigation by categorizing content and directing traffic through content and works proactively to refine and improve user experience through intuitive site navigation.
- Provides information and makes recommendations on website best practices by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Regularly reviews site analytics to understand user trends and growth opportunities and uses this data to inform message development and placement.
- Maintains site by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; integrating new technology; and ensuring that departments and schools make timely and relevant updates.
- Works with communications team to integrate social media platforms into website and align messaging across digital platforms; serves as district lead for SchoolWay app.
- Works with the IT applications team to improve employee engagement through increased use of InsideTPS employee web portal
- Under guidance of PR and marketing coordinator, work with communications and school teams to effectively develop and implement digital marketing campaigns and community engagement programs.
- Works with internal web developers and web programmers on the design, layout, and functionality of the district’s website and school websites.
- Works with internal clients to gather requirements, provide creative input, and assist with website management.
- Builds internal capacity to create and manage website content by serving as staff lead working with school- and district-level web team members to provide support, guidance, trouble-shooting, and training.
- Maintains quality standards for district and school sites by developing and enforcing content, design, style, and messaging standards and editing content submissions.
- Enhances job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional learning opportunities.
Skills and Abilities Required: The following characteristics and physical skills are important for the successful performance of assigned duties.
- Three years’ experience in communications, web content development, IT, public relations, marketing, or related field
- Effective, highly-organized, self-directed project manager with ability to respond and pivot rapidly to the district’s changing needs
- Attention to detail and high bar for personal and professional excellence
- Strong writing and editing skills with an understanding of proper grammar and punctuation
- Familiarly with web content management systems, social media, and digital media
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (i.e., Firefox, Safari, etc.) as well as website rendering on mobile devices (iPhone)
- Superior knowledge of current website content and design trends and techniques with a strong portfolio highlighting user-centered design and content creation
- Experience in search engine optimization (SEO), with proven results
- Experience with web and marketing analytical tools, Google Analytics preferred
- Must be flexible, as job requirements will vary
- Supervises two school website administrators (pending board approval of position creations)
Working Conditions: Exposure to the following situations may range from remote to frequent based on circumstances and factors that may not be predictable.
- This position is largely based out of an office environment.
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team of individuals who contribute to the district’s mission with their talent, skills and energy. Tulsa Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons because of age, race, color, creed, religion, disability, gender, ethnic or national origin, or veteran status. Tulsa Public Schools prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with disabilities.
Tulsa Public Schools
3027 S New Haven, Tulsa, OK 74114-4114
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,775 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.32
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 142