JobID 9386 : Kitchen Specialist II (#1838785)
Kitchen Specialist II, District 6
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: Classified
$12.99/Hr. 8 hours/day plus benefits
Reports to: Nutrition Services Kitchen Manager
Contract Length/ Days: (2019-2020/ 177 Days)
Date Posted: October 10, 2019
Deadline for application: Until-Filled (Applicant screening will begin no later than 10/17/2019. Applications are still accepted until the position is filled; however, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Knowledge of large quantity food preparation and health department standards of sanitary food practices.
Performs various functions related to the preparation and serving of food in a school environment, and for maintaining clean and sanitary equipment and facilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares meals following instructions on standardized recipes.
- Adjusts quantities of ingredients to accurately provide proper amounts of food.
- Portions food correctly to meet Federal, State, and Departmental guidelines.
- Serves as cashier, collects and accounts for money, makes change for customers.
- Serves customers, maintains orderly food service line, deals with or reports discipline issues.
- Operates various types of equipment used in food preparation or cleaning.
- Washes serving trays, utensils, dishes pans, etc., used in food preparation or service.
- Mops and cleans kitchen work area, and cleans other equipment and facilities as required.
- Assists in stocking storage areas with food and non-food supplies following the First In First Out FIFO procedure.
- Assists in taking inventory of food and non-food supplies.
- Manages kitchen in the absence of the manager when needed.
- Assists with new employee training.
- Accurately record food quantities on the production worksheets.
- Ensures all safety and sanitation rules are followed by self and staff.
- Attend training programs and workshops.
- Serves as the primary cook for items produced on-site.
- Adapts to specific or new work situations as needed.
- Seeks appropriate additional tasks when assigned work is completed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
The work is regularly active. Typical positions require workers to walk or stand for long periods, the employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 31 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds team lift, climb ladders, bend, kneel and crouch, reach, hold, grasp and turn objects, feel the temperature of food items, and use fingers to operate computer or typewriter keyboards. The work requires the ability to speak normally, to use normal or aided vision and hearing, and to detect orders.
Ability to read, write and understand English verbal & written instructions. Attention to detail, basic math, interpersonal, and basic communication skills. Ability to deal with children and children with special needs. Operating knowledge of institutional kitchen equipment within 2 months after hire. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, coordinate, and use interpersonal skills. Frequently required to compare, analyze, and instruct. Occasionally required to copy, compile, and collate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position.
Some may be required
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org