JobID 9384 : Roving Kitchen Manager (#1838750)
Roving Kitchen Manager, District
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: Classified
$14.19/Hr. 8 hours/day plus benefits
Reports to: Nutrition Area Supervisor
Contract Length/ Days: (2019-2020/ 175 Days)
Date Posted: October 10, 2019
Deadline for application: Until-Filled (Applicant screening will begin no later than 10/17/2019. Applications are still accepted until the position is filled; however, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Supervision training or management training required
- Certification by School Nutrition Association is beneficial
- Valid Colorado driver's license
- Meet current district vehicle insurance qualifications for driving coverage
Knowledge of large quantity food preparation and health department standards of sanitary food practices.
Provides relief for both elementary and secondary kitchen managers of district sites. Performs supervisory and operational activities related to on-site school meal preparation and presentation, staff management, and financial records management for the Nutrition Services operation.
- Maintains open communication with Nutrition Area Supervisor.
- Perform and supervise activities related to food preparation per federal, state, and district regulations.
- Complete various reports, including menu worksheets, time sheets, meal planning, ordering of food and non-food, participation reports, cash reconciliation, and completing cash deposits, and emergency rosters.
- Train and evaluate employees in food preparation, portion control, equipment use and maintenance, food safety, and sanitation practices.
- Provide excellent customer interactions while maintaining timely service to guests.
- Perform and/or supervise maintenance of data entered on customer accounts including receiving money, special recommendations or restrictions from parents, refunding money to customers, and
- Perform and/or supervise the procedure for the completion of monthly reports.
- Schedule and adjust employee hours and assignments based on department approved staffing needs. Schedule self into the workday rotation.
- Perform and/or supervise routine physical counts all food, paper, and chemical supplies and enters counts into OneSource software.
- Discuss nutrition regulations and all aspects of the nutrition program with building principal, secretary, students, parents, teachers, other managers, and the community.
- Follow the procedure on past due student meal accounts.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities may be assigned for multiple sites.
- Attend meetings to receive and implement information vital to effective operations in cooperation with Nutrition programs and schools.
- Attend training programs and workshops.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
The work is regularly active. Typical positions require workers to walk or stand for long periods, the employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 31 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds team lift, climb ladders, bend, kneel and crouch, reach, hold, grasp and turn objects, feel the temperature of food items, and use fingers to operate computer or typewriter keyboards. The work requires the ability to speak normally, to use normal or aided vision and hearing, and to detect orders.
Some may be required
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position.