JobID 9388 : Speech Language Pathologist (#1838511)
Speech Language Pathologist Specialized Service Professional, District
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: Certified
(Negotiable based on experience)
Reports to: Assistant Director of Special Education
Contract Length/ Days: (2019-2020/ 188)
Date Posted: October 10, 2019
Deadline for application: Until-Filled (Applicant screening will begin no later than 10/17/2019. Applications are still accepted until the position is filled; however, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible).
Bachelor’s degree (In related field)
Valid Colorado License
Must hold an ASHA certification
CPI training (Can obtain certification after hire)
Provide diagnostic and remediation services for persons with speech and/or language disorders. Responsible to the Director of Exceptional Student Service. Consultants will be asked to complete other district-wide projects and tasks including extended educational opportunities and special staff development projects. This position also will offer supervision of services and other specialized service providers and professional consulting services across the district.
- Identifies students with speech and/or language delays either through multi-tiered system of support (MTSS) process, screening processes, teacher referral, or other sources.
- Diagnoses and evaluates the speech/language delays or disorders of the students.
- Recommends appropriate goals and services for eligible students.
- Maintains appropriate documentation and informs their parents, teachers, principals, etc., periodically of their progress.
- Completes all reports as requested by local and state agencies.
- Effectively utilize online IEP management and Medicaid Billing software.
- Serves as a member of the multidisciplinary educational evaluation of students in the buildings to which he/she is assigned and provides consultative services to staff as needed.
- Supervision of Speech Language Pathologist Assistants (SLPA) and/or interns as needed.
- Improves professional qualifications and effectiveness by participating in available staff development offered by Weld County School District 6, as those offered at the state level.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
Ability to sit for long periods of time, numerous distractions, visual, auditory and ambulatory acuity important
Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds
Ability to supervise adults who are charged with delivering medical/health services. Prefers leadership situations relating to meeting the social, emotional, psychological and academic needs of students. Prefers a work environment where flexibility, ability to deal with conflict, a high tolerance for stress, an ability to quickly internalize information and make informed decisions, and long hours are a part of the assignment. Knowledge of Colorado State and district content standards; Competent in the Colorado K-12 Speech and Language Impairment Guidelines for Assessment and Eligibility. Knowledge and skills sufficient to be able to perform all duties of the position. Knowledge of the Colorado Specialized Service Professional Quality Standards. Able to implement assistive augmentative and adaptive technology and equipment for individuals with special needs. Bilingual skills preferred. Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in Speech-Language Pathology preferred.
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position.