JobID 4760 : Communications Coordinator (#1838092)
Posted 7 days ago
POSITION OVERVIEWThe Communications Coordinator will have strong writing skills and deliver innovative, high-impact communication campaigns and assets. In this role, the Communications Coordinator will serve as the eyes and ears to Vertex Education’s client, Legacy Traditional Schools. The Communications Coordinator is an active part of the marketing and communications team, documenting the work of Legacy Traditional Schools’ network and Vertex Education. You’ll collaborate with designers, digital producers, campaign managers, and strategic marketing planners to write, edit, and publish assets that are engaging and informative.
- Provide writing, editing and content management support for Vertex and external clients (e.g. Legacy Traditional Schools).
- Produce weekly client newsletters (The Quills). Coordinate directly with clients to gather, write and edit content, design content layouts, and distribute.
- Maintain editorial calendars and organize communication materials.
- Draft articles for client faculty and staff publications.
- Provide day-to-day content management of employee portals (Vertex & Legacy).
- Draft content for client blogs and parent communications.
- Identify student and school stories for articles and media pitches.
- Conduct student and school administration interviews to be used in client newsletters, print, and digital publications.
- Collect and analyze data to determine communications effectiveness, identify and execute improvements.
- Support HR communications needs as necessary.
- Support employee and client events as necessary.
Education, Certifications, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field of study.
- 1 - 3 years’ work experience preferably in a communications or marketing role
- Experience communicating online and through social media.
- Experience with long-form story writing, content marketing, social media, and event management.
- Ability to work with a variety of teams and functions to analyze communication needs and develop plans to deliver results.
- Strong writing and editing background with superb attention to detail.
- Experience in communications, journalism or related function with a concentration on internal communications
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) strongly preferred
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic
- Superb attention to detail
- Exemplary planning and organization skills
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with client and other employees
- Highly organized
- Ability to manage and effectively prioritize multiple projects and tasks