JobID 224 : Math Teacher (Upper Level) (#1837938)
North Lawndale College Prep (NLCP) is a coed, public charter high school with two campuses that serve ~ 700 students in grades 9-12. NLCP exists to create a better future by developing and empowering transformational leaders. We do this by providing a comprehensive high school education and the supports necessary to graduate from college. As an organization, we value passion, commitment, and relationships. Our success is distinguished by three critical elements: An academic model that builds both the academic and the social and emotional skills our students will need for their future success; Caring and engaged professionals; and a competitive and attractive brand. NLCP is on the brink of twenty years of service to the North Lawndale Community.
NLCP is looking for passionate, committed teachers to join our team for the 2019-2020 school year and help us fulfill that mission.
Teachers hold primary responsibility for the implementation and development of NLCP curriculum and the success of its students. Therefore, NLCP seeks teachers who are passionate and committed to continuously improving curriculum and instruction through collaboration as part of a department and grade level team.
- Implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards;
- Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards;
- Drive student success;
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices;
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions;
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior;
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards;
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues; and participate in staff orientation and training.
- Passion to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom; Proven track-record of high achievement in the classroom;
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subject;
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player;
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred; and
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred.
- Valid State of Illinois Certification is preferred