JobID 5619 : Teacher - Bilingual (#1837937)
Who We Are:
Waukegan Community Unit School District No. 60 serves nearly 17,000 students in preschool through grade 12 and is located halfway between Chicago, Illinois and Milwaukee, Wisconsin on the shores of Lake Michigan. The District has 1 early learning center, 15 elementary schools, five middle schools and a high school program divided between two 9th – 12th grade campuses. The District encompasses portions of Waukegan, Beach Park and Park City.
Why We Do This Work:
The Waukegan Community Unit School District No. 60 has set an ambitious agenda for change, guided by the belief that all children, regardless of circumstances, can achieve at high levels and academic gaps can and will be eliminated with the support of teachers who deliver engaging, relevant, and academically rigorous instruction that excites students and instills a love of learning in them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Classroom Teacher will be directly responsible to the building principal for all matters pertaining to the operation of the school plan, in-building administrative and personnel procedures, and general or district-wide policies. He/she will be indirectly responsible to the Director of Secondary Education for all matters pertaining to curriculum, instructional methods, assessment and materials.
- Provide a personalized instructional program that is compatible with the abilities, needs and learning characteristics of each student;
- Implement prescribed curriculum;
- Create a child-centered learning environment that is characterized by the consistent application of sound mental health and educational psychology practices;
- Follow prescribed curriculum, instructional methods and materials;
- Employ creative methods of instruction and utilize a variety of materials within the structure of the designated curriculum;
- Become acquainted with the characteristics, needs, abilities and problems of each child through personal interaction and by seeking information from psycho-educational reports, hearing and vision reports, staffing notes, end-of-the-year student status reports, etc.;
- Inform the Academic Chair whenever a student's attendance is unsatisfactory;
- Supply the Academic Chair with any abnormal attendance reports on any student;
- Report student address and telephone number changes to the Academic Chair;
- Provide the Academic Chair with an up-to-date copy of the schedule of classroom activities that the teacher is following;
- Maintain up-to-date lesson plans;
- Use the designated methods of reporting student progress to parents;
- Attend specified in-service meetings and conferences with the building principal;
- Develop a close relationship with each student's parents or guardians;
- Use teacher aides or helpers in accord with the designated job descriptions;
- Perform such other professional duties as may be assigned by the building principal.
Qualifications: Must have valid Illinois Professional Educators License, or an Educator License with Stipulations (Transitional Bilingual Endorsement).
Endorsements: K-5, Bilingual Spanish.
Compensation: Per Teacher Contract.
Application Deadline: Candidates must submit an online application by the closing date.
Only online applications will be considered.
Waukegan Community Unit School District 60 offers employment opportunities without regard to age, gender, race, color, national origin,
religion, marital or military/veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetics or disability.