JobID 3632 : Special Education Teacher (#1837892)
Posted 6 days ago
FORT DODGE COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
October 9 - 16, 2019
or until filled
or until filled
We are accepting applications for the following position:
Special Education Teacher
- Middle School.
- Looking for dynamic educators with knowledge of middle school philosophy and a deep knowledge and understanding of working with students with disabilities.
- Candidates should be willing to be flexible and mold their schedules and styles around the needs of their students.
- Educator who will maximize student strengths and close the gaps on their deficits.
- It is important for the candidate to possess the ability to work as a productive team member with in a Professional Learning Community model that utilizes data to drive decisions.
- A strong emphasis is placed on creating relationships with students using techniques and concepts from PBIS and Love and Logic.
- Start Date: January 2020.
- Based on 185 day teacher contract; 7:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., 30-minute duty-free lunch.
- Instructional Strategist I (gr. K-8) or Instructional Strategist II (K-12).
Qualified applicants should upload the following materials: Letter of application, application, updated resume including references, transcripts, and copy of license if applicable. Click the Employment link for the application located on the lower left of the District’s homepage www.fdschools.org.
Human Resources Office
Fort Dodge Community Schools
104 South 17th Street
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
It is the policy of the Fort Dodge Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ancestry, age, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, physical attributes, religion, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, veteran’s status, actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, services, and employment practices. If you have questions or grievances related to this policy, please contact Dr. Stephanie Anderson, Director of Elementary Education, and Dr. Kirsten Doebel, Director of Secondary Education, Central Administration Office, 104 South 17th Street, Fort Dodge, IA 50501, 574-5678, or contact the Civil Rights Midwestern Division for U. S. Department of Education Office, 500 W. Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-4544. (Alternate for Section 504 is Lynnae Harvey, Director of Special Needs, 574-5675). The District’s Compliance Coordinator for Affirmative Action is Lisa Negus, who can be reached at 574-5657 or 104 South 17th Street, Fort Dodge, IA 50501. The District’s Designated Investigators of Physical/Sexual Abuse of Students by School Employees are Dr. Stephanie Anderson, Director of Elementary Education, and Dr. Kirsten Doebel, Director of Secondary Education. They can be reached at 576-1161 or 104 South 17th Street, Fort Dodge, IA 50501. The alternate is Corey Moody. He can be reached at 574-5469 or 819 North 25th Street, Fort Dodge, IA 50501.The District’s Officers for Harassment Complaints and Allegations are Dr. Stephanie Anderson, Director of Elementary Education, and Dr. Kirsten Doebel, Director of Secondary Education. They can be reached at 576-1161 or 104 South 17th Street, Fort Dodge, IA 50501.
Fort Dodge Community School District is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer.