JobID 2968 : East Noble School Corporation Special Education Assistant - Middle School (#1837881)
East Noble School Corporation is accepting applications for the following position: Special Education Assistant
Building: East Noble Middle School
5 hours per day. This position is available immediately.
Knowledge of the principles of personal care delivery.
Preferred knowledge of proper lifting techniques for purposes of transferring children and moving equipment;
Minimum of 60 college credits, or
Associate’s Degree, or
Paraprofessional certification or be willing to take and pass Paraprofessional certification test
One year of experience working with individuals with disabilities.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Assists students with disabilities in participating in activities of daily life such as dressing, eating and managing bathroom needs.
- Assists with lifting students with disabilities for purposes of transferring them for position changes and personal care needs.
- Operates medical equipment such as Hoyer lifts, standing frames or motorized wheelchairs; operates passenger elevators to assist students with disabilities in moving throughout the school building.
- Assists with academic needs of the student.
- Assists with consideration of the students’ level of independence.
Letter of interest
Resume with references
Andy Deming, Principal, East Noble Middle School
Interested applicants must apply on AppliTrack: http://ensc.ss5.sharpschool.com/employment/active_vacancies