JobID 350 : Teacher Assistant - Daycare and Learning Center: Toddler/Young Preschool age (#1837827)
Job | Posted 6 days ago
QUALIFICATIONS and DUTIES:
- Childcare experience preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours if needed.
- Successful experience working with toddler and young preschool-age children preferred.
- Child supervision, interacting with children and monitoring play between children.
- Working with children 1-2.5 years of age.
- Ability to use appropriate tones and language with children and ability to be caring and nurturing to all children.
- Establish and maintain a daily routine suitable for the children’s needs, adjusting as needed.
- Assisting with large and small group activities based on the children’s cognitive abilities.
- Assisting with daily learning centers to incorporate math, sensory (science), language arts, large and fine motor activities.
- Assisting the lead teacher with input on the evaluation of the classroom program needs and child assessment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop positive relationships with parents, students and staff.
- Knowledge of and compliance with state and federal rules and regulations, as well as program rules.
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly cleaning tasks.
- Snack preparation and cleanup.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and other necessary training sessions.
- Must be very punctual, and professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Administer student medications and maintain medication records as needed.
- An excellent attendance history is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Kenowa Hills Public Schools
2325 4 MILE RD NW, GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49544-9703
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,292 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 18.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 199