JobID 9257 : Assistant Director of Admissions (#1837785)
The Assistant Director of Admissions represents Carmel Catholic High School and interacts with prospective and current families in a variety of capacities. He/She defines, communicates, and guides families through the admissions process from pre-inquiry through registration and assumes several responsibilities that contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Admissions Office. He/She will work closely with the Associate Director of Admissions to obtain the goal of recruiting new student enrollment and realize improved current student retention.
- An understanding of the mission and a strong commitment to Catholic education.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately in a professional manner with prospective parents, students and faculty.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with a diverse population.
- Detail oriented and self-directed.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and database applications.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Preferred: 1-2 years of experience in schools
- Preferred: 1-2 years of experience in recruiting / admissions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively engage parents, students, and members of the Carmel Catholic community to identify student candidates who represent the values, mission, and goals of Carmel Catholic High School.
- Work closely with the Associate Director of Admissions to coordinate recruiting events, prospect outreach and participation, and all related communications and activities.
- Track current CCHS student accomplishments (i.e. Honor Roll, making a sports team, performing at a fine arts event, other miscellaneous accolades etc….) and communicate the information to the appropriate junior high school and parish contacts.
- Assists in the implementation of the annual Open House plan and strategy. Recruit, manage, and direct student and parent volunteers.
- Maintains current and accurate knowledge of all CCHS academic and extracurricular offerings.
- Embrace and embody the Carmel Catholic Mission and culture.
- Completes all necessary reports requested by the Associate Director of Admissions.
- Serve as a liaison between appropriate feeder school/parish staff and the CCHS Admissions Office.
- Implement and attend admissions outreach initiatives.
- Be familiar with all internal and external financial aid and scholarship resources to effectively counsel families through the financial aid process.
- Actively identify and engage with outside institutions or groups with the purpose of establishing good relationships and attracting quality students.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the 7th grade visitation program (spring).
- Coordinate Admissions summer visits to summer athletic camps and summer school enrichment classes.
- Implement and coordinate the following annual admissions programs: The Freshman Experience and Carmelfest.
- Responsible for coordinating and developing the student call team program.
- Responsible for hiring, supervising and scheduling the student call team and managing the student call team calendar.
- Assist with the Shadow Day program.
- Provide campus tours as needed.
- Present Carmel Catholic High School to prospective audiences at schools, and parish Religious Education programs.
- Conduct all activities in accordance with the highest ethical standards. Adhere to all Archdiocesan (Chicago) Recruiters Association and IHSA rules and regulations regarding student recruitment.
- Perform other related duties and projects as required and assigned by the Associate Director of Admissions.
ENVIRONMENTAL DATA AND JOB HAZARDS
- Hours of work may vary Sunday through Saturday, and are generally structured in eight (8) hour blocks of time Monday through Friday. May be subject to include evenings and weekends as required for the department’s needs.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
- Moderate physical effort required: normally seated with freedom of movement on a regular basis, handling of supplies and materials related to record keeping and print jobs.
- Some lifting may be required.
- Regular typing required.
- Employee must be able to impart and receive detailed information through verbal and written communication.
- Employee must have the ability to work in situations involving measurable or verifiable criteria: situations dealing with people, performing under stressful situations, and working with set limits, tolerances or standards.