JobID 3132 : Special Education Paraeducator (#1837757)
Position Summary: To assist teachers in the classroom with daily instructional and noninstructional activities. This position will work one-to-one with a student in the classroom and special education settings. This position will assist a student with their academic needs across classroom settings and monitor their medical physical needs.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to be assertive but patient, able to problem solve. Must be a self-starter, compassionate, positive, organized, and creative.
- Ability to load/upload wheelchair bound students on bus, and/or wait with students for transportation.
- Ability to assist students in the restroom as necessary.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Salary: Educational Support Staff Salary Schedule, Group 2 $14.61– $18.58 per hour DOE
Benefits: This position is eligible for benefits including health, vision, dental and life insurance. This also includes access to the employee assistance program and additional benefits: long-term disability insurance, flexible benefits, the North Dakota Public Employee Retirement system, paid holidays, personal leave, sick leave, and emergency leave.
Term: 2019/20 School Year – 9 months. Core hours Monday - Friday apx. 33.75 hours per week
External applicants are eligible for ND Veteran’s Preference. North Dakota veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability.
The Fargo Public School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, marital status, public assistance status, sexual orientation, gender expression/identity, or participation in lawful activity off the employer’s premises during non-working hours which is not in direct conflict with the essential business-related interests of the employer in its education/activities and employment practices. The Fargo Public Schools seek to provide access to all its programs for those interested persons who might have differing levels of ability. This includes those with impaired vision and hearing loss.