JobID 5512 : Paraprofessional -Study Hall Monitor (#1837720)
Under the direction of the School Leader the Paraprofessional is responsible for the assigned students and will create a flexible program and class environment favorable for learning and personal growth. The Paraprofessional will establish effective rapport with students; motivate students to develop skills, attitudes, and the knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for further education, and do so in accordance with each student's ability. Professional relations will be developed and maintained with other staff and parents.
• Observe students and maintain student safety.
• Monitors activities and behavior of children to ensure their physical and environmental safekeeping, as well as adherence to appropriate conduct and disciplinary controls in structured study hall classroom.
• Establish and maintain cooperative relations with others.
• Record the attendance ot students in the study hall classroom
• Participate in professional growth activities.
• All other duties as assigned.
1. Possess problem solving skills.
2. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, school staff and patrons.
3. Communicates effectively.