JobID 13027 : Evening Custodian (4 hours) (#1837697)
Monday - Friday
4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Effective Date of Employment:
As soon as possible
October 16, 2019 - 4:00 p.m.
Internal Candidates: Use internal transfer form
External Candidates: Apply on-line at www.district196.org
Transfer applications MUST be turned in to Human Resources by 4 p.m. on the day of the deadline.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Must have previous custodial and routine maintenance experience.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and work independently.
- Must be physically qualified to perform assigned duties including lifting up to 50lbs on a regular basis and display flexibility in cleaning assignments.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, positive manner with staff, students and the public.
- Must have a desire to work in a cooperative manner and team environment.
- Must have a good attendance record and be punctual.
- Must have positive work performance evaluations and no recent disciplinary actions.
- Must conduct a positive interview and receive a good reference from current and previous supervisors.
- Clean assigned building areas, perform minor repairs and maintenance as directed.
- Move and assemble furniture, etc.
- Assist in securing the building during and at the end of shift.
- Assist in school recycling program.
- Ability to work additional hours if required.
- Assist with grounds duties, pick up trash, mow, pull/spray weeds, snow removal, etc.
- Perform duties in a timely, neat, and efficient manner.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
According to contractual agreement.
District 196 is a public school district of choice located in the southern suburbs of Minneapolis and St. Paul. The district is nationally recognized for providing boundless opportunities in which students can learn and grow. Whether they have an affinity for academics, the arts and/or athletics, our goal is to expose students to the infinite possibilities within the district and throughout the communities we serve. District 196 is the fourth largest school district in Minnesota, serving more than 28,000 students and 150,000 total residents. The district’s 110 square miles encompass all or part of the cities of Rosemount, Apple Valley, Eagan, Burnsville, Coates, Inver Grove Heights and Lakeville, and Empire and Vermillion townships.
District 196 has 19 elementary schools (grades K-5); six middle schools (grades 6-8); four high schools (grades 9-12); an optional School of Environmental Studies at the Minnesota Zoo for juniors and seniors; an Area Learning Center alternative high school for those more successful in a non-traditional setting; a K-12 school for students with special needs, and a special education school serving young adults ages 18-21. The district also operates two learning centers that provide early childhood and Adult Basic Education, and offers robust community education programs and classes for life-long learners of all ages. The district’s curriculum focuses on basic skills in all major subjects with individual needs met through programming for gifted and high-potential students, college-credit options, tutoring and work programs, comprehensive special education programs and numerous electives.
Equal Opportunity Employer
District 196 does not discriminate in employment or in any of its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, sexual orientation, age or genetic information. District 196 provides equal access to designated youth groups. The Director of Human Resources (651-423-7859) has been designated to respond to employment-related inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies. The Director of Elementary Education (651-423-7782) and the Director of Secondary Education (651-423-7712) have been designated to respond to student-related inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies. The Director of Special Education (651-423-7629) has been designated to respond to inquiries concerning the rights of a student with a disability. The mailing address for all directors is 3455 153rd Street W, Rosemount, MN 55068.