JobID 1552 : Payroll Specialist (#1837689)
Community Consolidated School District 62 is seeking applicants for a Payroll Specialist.
The Payroll Specialist completes all tasks related to payroll operations including staff pay and payroll deductions; various county, state and federal tax transactions; updates of staff pay information, and paycheck processing in the district offices. This person interacts with staff members and government officials on a regular basis as a representative of the school district. Knowledge of Infinite Visions, or other school finance software is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes decisions and demonstrates leadership that supports the mission, vision, goals and interests of the district and of students. Communicates, collaborates, and cooperates with colleagues, supervisors, staff and vendors.
- Maintains confidentiality of staff information. Utilizes confidential and personal information for professional purposes only in accordance with school district policy and regulations.
- Processes payroll data for all school district employees, other pay centers (D61and North Cook Intermediate Service Center), stipends and grants. Responsible for the preparation, verification of payroll checks. Maintains accurate files of payroll information. Facilitates auditing procedures.
- Prepares and maintains IMRF and TRS reports and forms as required, year-end W-2s, payroll withholding forms W-4s.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate withholdings for state and federal taxes.
- Processes payroll deductions in compliance with local, county, state and federal statutes including state and federal taxes, TRS/IMRF contributions, annuities, credit union transfers, union dues and other optional deductions.
- Processes all corrections for substitute teachers including TRS records.
- Applies and maintains employee garnishments and pay deductions as required.
- Completes work in established time frame: seeks appropriate tasks when primary tasks are completed or pace is slow. Demonstrates adaptability to expanded roles of the organization and changing environment. Consistently arrives at work on time and completes all tasks assigned.
- Advises the administrator and Business Office Manager immediately of the existence of any problems deemed to warrant prompt attention, advice or intervention.
- Performs special assignments and other duties as determined by the administrator or Business Office Manager.
- Completion of requirements for a high school diploma. A college or university degree is preferred.
- College coursework in accounting or business services.
- The equivalent of three or more years of experience in a business or school environment.
- Experience with detailed writing and electronic office software; e.g., MS Word, MS Excel.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Work is usually conducted indoors. This work is normally conducted at a single school site.
Applications are considered complete when all required items are submitted for review including: 1) an on-line application at www.d62.org/employment, 2) a letter of interest in the position and 3) three recent letters of recommendation from past or current employment. All required documents should be electronically attached to the on-line application.
All applications will be reviewed by building committee and recommended for further interview consideration. After interviews are completed, the Associate Superintendent will make a recommendation to the Board of Education via the Superintendent.