JobID 1819 : Behavioral Support Interventionist (#1837640)
Job Title: Behavioral Support Interventionist
Job Summary: Under the direction of licensed staff, Social workers, Counselors, Administrators and, accompanied by Paraprofessional support, the Behavior Support Interventionist serves in a modified teaching capacity to provide intervention for students with significant social, emotional and/or behavioral needs. Primary duties include implementing individual behavior plans, working in partnership with the teacher to provide support to the specialized instruction, skill instruction, and behavioral data collection.
- Degree in child development, education, psychology or applied analysis preferred or extensive student behavior management experience and knowledge in research based behavior strategies, and ability to implement them effectively and analyze student behavior
- Knowledge of behavioral management and techniques used with special needs populations
- Experience working with students with social, emotional and/or behavioral needs
- Knowledge of positive intervention supports, behavior management, crisis response, de-escalation, and physical restraint
- Two years’ experience working with children in an organized setting
- One-year experience observing and collecting student behavioral charting data
Working Conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employed is regularly required to talk, hear, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach for objects, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, and use hands to grasp and feel. The employed must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally being required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Application Process: Apply online
Application Materials: to Patty Hand, Principal of Fridley High School