JobID 2051 : 20-1436 Asst. Girls Soccer Coach (#1837634)
The middle school assistant coach will work within the framework of the middle school athletics to provide leadership in the ongoing development and improvement of student athletes in their sport through coordinating, planning, evaluation, and implementation of programs. All coaches have the responsibility of carrying on their respective sport within the best interest of Marana Unified School District and its students within the bounds of the Northwest League bylaws. Middle school athletics programs will be a minimum of four days a week while in season.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate a high level of dependability and organization
- Utilize positive interpersonal relations and effective communication skills
- Exhibit effective problem solving skills and judgment
- Maintains inventory of all sporting equipment and supplies
- Works with administrators, purchasing staff, and vendors to procure needed athletic equipment and supplies
- Communicates expectations to team members and families at the beginning of each season. This communication includes information for practice schedules, athlete expectations, and playing time distribution.
- Organizes and implements an efficient and effective try-out system.
- Organizes effective practice and game plans. This includes the organization of additional coaching staff members.
- Complies with district and school procedures
- Applies knowledge of sport to develop players at all levels of ability
- Hold athletes to high behavioral and academic expectations
- Sportsmanship displayed by team members during practice, travel, and competition
- Works to increase knowledge of sport and player development
- Partners with parent groups to positively impact experience of players
- Follows all procurement and fundraising rules and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience coaching assigned sport
- Exceptional communication skills with students and parents, and the ability to work with people who have a variety of skills, backgrounds, and temperaments
- Must possess a patient, positive and proactive attitude in dealing with students and parents
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY