JobID 5511 : 2019-20 Middle School Math/Spec Ed Teacher (Re-Post) (#1837580)
Job | Posted 6 days ago
Description: Middle School Mathematics/Special Education Teacher (temporary for school year)
Terms of Employment: 10 Month Employee
Reports to: Building Principal
Salary: Current Teacher salary schedule
- Meets certification requirements of the State of Delaware for Math Grades 6-8 and Special Education.
- Teacher of Exceptional Children Grades K-12
- Teacher of Middle Level Mathematics Grades 6-8
- Successful completion of Praxis II exams.
- Teach math to middle school students. Dual certification in special education needed.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides reports as required, as well as notifying parents of student progress when necessary.
- Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Works cooperatively with all staff and parents.
- Performs other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hand and /or fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift an/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Favorable Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check for the candidate who is offered employment
- Tuberculin Test and physical
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheck
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications may apply by completing an employment application no later than 11:59 PM on the closing date indicated above. A cover letter, resume and three letters of reference, dated within the last year, are required. Please note that incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Applicants needing special accommodations in the application process of the vacancy announcement may contact the Human Resources office at 302-857-4215.
Capital School District
198 Commerce Way, Dover, DE 19904-3498
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $14,609 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.05
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 349