JobID 184 : Special Education Paraprofessional - Prairieview (#1837574)
Prairieview School has an opening for a Special Education Paraprofessional for the current school year.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a valid IL Para License, Substitute License, or PEL.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Building Principal
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten month school year; salary and work hours established by the Board of Education agreement with Grayslake PSRP Council, a Council of the Lake County Federation of PSRP, Local 504, IFT_AFT, AFL-CIO.
JOB GOAL: To assist group and individual pupils within the educational setting.
1. Ability to respond in the best interests of the pupils in an emergency situation
2. Working knowledge of school functions and procedures
3. Working knowledge of classroom curriculum
4. Ability to exercise flexibility and appropriate judgment to meet all student needs
5. Ability to plan and organize work and projects independently
6. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
7. Ability to clearly communicate (oral and written) with pupils and co-workers
8. Ability to establish and maintain positive pupil, co-worker, and public relationships
9. Ability to work collegially within a team environment
1. Facilitate pupil participation of all education and/or extra curricular programs/activities
2. Administer and/or score non-confidential classroom exams and/or exercises
3. Implement curriculum adaptations and specified accommodations for students with various and/or multiple disabilities
4. Assist the teacher in all aspects of student and/or teacher classroom preparation
5. Assist in the supervision of academic and nonacademic field trip activities
6. As a member, participate in building based education team meetings
7. Contribute to the development and implementation of weekly curriculum and adaptations for all students
8. Facilitate lunch/recess supervision of students assigned
9. Program Assistants who are Sub certified may be requested to serve as an internal substitute on an as needed basis
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the classroom teacher and/or administration