JobID 5510 : 2019-20 Head Coach - Girls Lacrosse (#1837572)
Job | Posted 7 days ago
Description: Head Coach - Girls Lacrosse
Terms of Employment:
After School Program Work
Athletic Director at Dover High School
EPER Salary Schedule
- Understand the characteristics and needs of the athletes you coach
- Understand the components of a training session and the competitions relevant to the athletes being coached
- Appropriate communication, management and coaching skills for the athletes being coached
- Work with the Principal, Athletic Director, players and parents to conduct the season.
- Maintain accurate records, and results of the season
- Serve as an advocate and role model for the academic, ethical, and moral development of students.
- Coordinate with feeder programs to include community youth teams.
- Managing resources and equipment
- Demonstrate cooperation with other sports team coaches and support all sports programs
- Planning and managing training sessions
- Building a positive, supportive and inclusive team environment that provides for athletic enjoyment, success and challenge
- Insuring the health and safety of the athletes you are coaching
- Following all aspects of the DIAA rules (Delaware Interscholastic Athletic Association)
- Work cooperatively with the principal and coaching staff
- Favorable Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check for the candidate who is offered employment
- Tuberculin test and physical
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheck
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications may apply by completing an employment application no later than 11:59 pm on the closing date indicated above. A cover letter, resume and three letters of reference, dated within the last year, are required. Please note that incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Applicants needing special accommodations in the application process of the vacancy announcement may contact the Human Resources office at 302-857-4215.
Capital School District
198 Commerce Way, Dover, DE 19904-3498
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $14,609 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.05
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 349