JobID 772 : 7th Grade Science Teacher (#1837496)
Title: Classroom Teacher
Selected by: Board of School Trustees by Recommendation of the Superintendent and School Principal
Evaluated by: Principal and/or appropriate administrative personnel
Reports to: Principal and/or appropriate administrative personnel
FLSA Status: Exempt: Salaried Professional
Bargaining Status: In teacher bargaining unit
SUMMARY: To provide effective instruction and examples that guides and assists each student in the fulfillment of his potential for intellectual, emotional, social, and psychological growth and maturation. This responsibility includes preparation and planning, long-range and immediate; understanding and applying effective teaching methods; and developing and maintaining effective pupil, parent, staff and community relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Support school mission statement.
2. Implement Board of Education and administrative policies, Indiana law and federal rules, regulations, and directives.
3. Teach district approved curriculum consistent with Corporation Standards and Indiana State Standards
4. Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter.
5. Identify and address individual student needs through modifications, interventions, and referrals. Contribute to the design and implementation of student IEPs/ILP’s.
6. Develop and implement effective lesson plans and use a variety of learner-appropriate instructional techniques effectively.
7. Utilize assessment activities and monitor student progress appropriately.
8. Manage student conduct to maintain a safe environment conducive to learning.
9. Maintain accurate, complete, correct, and timely records of student achievement and attendance.
10. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, materials, facilities and equipment.
11. Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with school personnel, students and parents.
12. Promote good public relations for the School Corporation and community.
13. Teach by example by exemplifying good moral conduct.
14. Demonstrates professional growth.
15. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily with reasonable accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, licensure and ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Education
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Indiana teaching certificate
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, correspondences, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
Ability to apply general mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program; ability to plan and implement lessons based on district and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, peers, parents and community, and ability to speak clearly and concisely in written or oral communication.