JobID 9645 : General Assistant for School Readiness; 5 hours per day (#1837434)
Description: The Assistant assist in Early Childhood Family Education/School Readiness class sessions, activities, and events; attend staff meetings; work with other ECFE staff; obtain needed class materials.
1. Assist the teacher in the classroom with tutoring students, collecting student data, and other student activities to ensure effective classroom management.
2. Assist teachers in collecting and preparing instructional materials, which may include shopping for supplies; such as, media center materials, reading and math worksheets and tests, project materials, general supplies, and straightening rooms so that instructional materials are available
when needed to support classroom activities. Set-up, organize, and replace consumable materials used in the classroom to ensure materials are available for students and ensure effective classroom management.
3. Utilize positive behavior management techniques at the direction of the teacher to ensure effective classroom management.
4. Assist the teacher in the production of materials to be used during class time to ensure effective classroom management.
5. Maintain confidentiality of family and program information.
6. Work as a team member with other staff to promote positive educational environment.
7. Supervise students in the lunchroom, classroom, playground, or other assigned areas and may also wipe lunch tables so that students act in a safe manner appropriate to the school environment.
8. May perform general duties; such as, filing, copying, data entry, and answering phones so that the needs of building teachers are met.
9. May sell, take and/or tally tickets for various school events.
10. Other job related duties as assigned.
Must be flexible. Up to 900 hours to be assigned as needed to assist in ECFE/SR classes and other activities. Actual hours worked will not exceed 40 hours in any one week and usually will be less than 40 hours in any one week. Hours will vary each week depending on offerings and enrollment. ECFE activities are scheduled year round and weeks may not be contiguous, however, the majority of the work will be scheduled during the regular school year. ECFE/SR activities may be scheduled weekdays and weekends, mornings, afternoons and evenings. Specific schedules will be determined based on the needs of the families. The actual number of sessions to be implemented each week may vary.
1. High school degree, GED, or equivalent.
2. Ability to work effectively with parents, students, and other staff.
3. Ability and experience working with classroom technology is desirable.
4. Willingness to accept and follow direction.
5. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
6. General office skills.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
8. Ability to work overtime including evenings, weekends and holidays.
9. Ability to work with children ages birth to five.
10. Experience working with children ages birth to five and First Aid/CPR training is desirable.
11. Early childhood training or experience such as Minnesota Reading Corps or college coursework desirable.