JobID 2602 : Teacher of Business Education (#1837341)
Job | Posted 12 days ago
Teacher of Business Education
Location: Bridgewater-Raritan Regional High School
- New Jersey State Certification with appropriate endorsements.
- Exceptional writing, oral, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and procedures.
- Required criminal history check and proof of US citizenship or legal alien status.
- Such alternative or additional qualifications as the Superintendent or Board of Education may deem appropriate.
The Teacher reports to the Building Administrator and/or Supervisor. He or she works in collaboration with Directors, Assistant Superintendents, and the Superintendent, as appropriate.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY
The Teacher shall maintain line and staff authority in accordance with the Board of Education approved District Organizational Chart.
The Teacher, in accordance with Board policy and New Jersey Statute and guided by the Board-approved curriculum and goals as well as the administrative rules of the Superintendent, the Assistant Superintendents, and the Director of Curriculum, is responsible for teaching assigned students.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Contract consistent with the agreement negotiated with the applicable bargaining unit.
The Teacher shall be evaluated in writing in line with state requirements and Board of Education policy and regulation by any of the following or combination of the following: Building Administrator(s), Supervisor(s), the Director of Curriculum, the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction, the Assistant Superintendent for Personnel, the Assistant Superintendent for Special Services, and/or the Superintendent, at least twice a year if tenured and at least three times a year if non-tenured. The evaluation shall be based in part on the performance of the responsibilities indicated in this position description.
- Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- Implements the district's goals, objectives, and policies, and the state's goals and requirements.
- Implements personal, building, and department goals.
- Instructs students as outlined in the Board-approved curriculum.
- Creates lessons and instructional opportunities taking into consideration the planning process, classroom environment, and instructional needs of the students.
- Assesses student progress through the utilization and interpretation of district and state test data and makes suggestions to modify the instructional program accordingly.
- Recommends to the immediate supervisor updates to or changes in policies and/or procedure relating to the implementation of the educational program in the school.
- Creates a positive image of the school and promotes the best learning and teaching climate possible.
- Professional Development
- Utilizes the evaluation process for self-reflection and personal growth.
- Participates in articulation between the primary, intermediate, middle, and high school programs.
- Attends district-sponsored professional development opportunities.
- Participates in building and department meetings.
- Seeks professional development opportunities outside of the school district for areas of professional interest or need.
- District/Building Procedures
- Follows policy and procedures related to school safety practices.
- Conducts extra help sessions as needed.
- Monitors administration of assessments to ensure that students are following procedures as outlined as well as maintaining security and confidentiality for all assessments.
- Implements guidelines and procedures as outlined for school trips and other functions off school grounds.
- Attends special events held to recognize student achievement, and school-sponsored activities, functions, and events connected to the position.
- Implements Board policy as outlined.
- Maintains parent/guardian communication in accordance with district policy and building protocol.
- Attends meetings at the department, school, and district levels.
- Works closely with administrators and guidance department staff regarding student scheduling problems, changes, and student progress.
- Communicates concerns to the appropriate administrator.
- Other Duties
- Maintains confidentiality in all areas of the assignment.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities incidental to the office or as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
- Adheres to all district policies and regulations, including but not limited to:
- Teaching Staff Member/School District Reporting Responsibilities – 3159
- Physical Examination – 3160
- Substance Abuse – 3218
- Electronic Communications between Teaching Staff Members and Students – 3283
- Sexual Harassment – 3362
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested applicants should apply on line at www.brrsd.org, "Employment Opportunities".
Bridgewater-Raritan Regional School District
836 Newmans Lane, Martinsville, NJ 08836
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $19,422 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 345