JobID 377 : Substitute Custodian: Night Shift (#1837339)
JOIN OUR TEAM AS A NIGHT-SHIFT CUSTODIAN!
SOS Group collaborates with schools to create innovative solutions, implemented with pride, passion, and knowledge to improve the student experience every day and we’re looking for individuals to join our team! Learn more at www.sosgroupinc.com.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Completes routine cleaning of assigned school facilities (e.g. classrooms, offices, gym, restrooms, grounds) and assigned equipment for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary and safe environment.
- Provides cleaning and custodial assistance to students, teachers, visitors and others as necessary.
- Receives deliveries and assists in unloading trucks, storing, and delivering supplies.
- Uses hand tools of trade and related power equipment, which may include brooms, mops, floor cleaning and waxing machines, vacuum cleaners, snow blowers, shovels, power mower and hand tools.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to carry out instructions and work orders furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure.
- Ability to describe orally or in writing maintenance or repair problems as needed.
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and resolve custodial related issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to perform work according to standard procedures and schedule set forth by supervisor(s).
- Ability to work in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
Exposure to cleaning chemicals, solvents and contaminated trash, grasses, pollens, etc.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Basic knowledge of cleaning school buildings.
Basic knowledge of what is necessary to maintain a safe and comfortable educational environment.
This position requires:
- A valid Pennsylvania driver’s license,
- Medical examination/Tuberculosis test as per Pennsylvania law,
- Act 114 - FBI Clearance http://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_pdeNew.htm
- Act 34 – Pennsylvania State Police "Request for Criminal Record Check" https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Act 151 - Childline Clearance https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
Occasional travel between schools may be required.
Information listed above is subject to change.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability or disabilities to perform the primary duties and responsibilities of the job.