JobID 10649 : Food Services Staff (#1837253)
Our focus as Olathe Food Service is to provide nourishing meals to all students and customers within the District. Our goal is to prepare and serve these meals in a professional and friendly atmosphere. Our primary responsibility is to perform duties necessary for preparation, customer service, and subsequent cleanup in a fast paced environment.
4.5 Hours per day: Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 1:30pm. 167 days/year
Starting Pay: $11.95 per hour
Experience Job related experience is desired.
Education High School diploma or equivalent.
Clearances Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
FLSA Status Approval Date Salary Grade Non Exempt
- Required to lift at least 35 lbs.
- Arranges food and beverage items and sets up appropriate equipment for the purpose of serving assigned items to students and staff in an efficient manner.
- Attends unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Cleans utensils, equipment, and storage, food preparation and serving areas for the purpose of maintaining required sanitary conditions.
- Evaluates prepared food items for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality and specifications of orders to meet preparation requirements and/or complying with mandated health standards.
- Inspects food items and/or supplies for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality and specifications of orders and/or complying with mandated health standards.
- Inventories food, condiments and supplies (e.g. napkins, silverware, straws, plates, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of items required for meeting projected menu requirements.
- Maintains equipment, storage, food preparation and serving areas in a sanitary condition for the purpose of complying with current health standards.
- Monitors kitchen and cafeteria areas for the purpose of ensuring a safe and sanitary working environment.
- Performs functions of other nutritional services positions, as requested by supervisor for the purpose of ensuring adequate staff coverage within site nutritional services operations.
- Prepares food and beverage items (e.g. potatoes, rice, etc.) for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional and projected meal requirements.
- Serves one or more items of food for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional requirements and/or requests of students and school personnel.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 5% sitting, 20% walking, and 75% standing. The job is performed under temperature extremes and in some hazardous conditions.