JobID 751 : Building Services Technician (12 month work year) (#1837171)
POSITION: Building Services Technician (12-month work year, 40 hour work week)
LOCATION: Stafford School District
SALARY and BENEFITS:
$25.00 per hour, plus overtime when called back outside the normal work day.
Competitive benefit package including defined contribution plan (50% employer match,
up to 6% of salary); employer contribution to HSA deductible (50%); employer paid life
insurance and long-term disability; paid sick, personal and vacation leave; and 14 paid holidays.
- Independently diagnose, trouble shoot, problem solve, repair and perform maintenance on HVAC systems, including changing air filters, belts, motors, as well as maintaining control systems, roof top units, boilers, air handlers, pumps, chillers, refrigerators, freezers and any other items necessary to ensure IEQ requirements are met.
- Independently diagnose, repair and perform maintenance on all aspects of plumbing systems.
- Independently diagnose and perform electrical repairs including, but not limited to, lighting fixtures, controls, variable frequency drives, etc.
- Perform general repairs necessary to preserve the interior and exterior of district buildings in a safe, clean condition. General repairs include, but are not limited to, carpentry, door and lock repair, patching and painting, and glass replacement.
- Implement protocols to ensure the proper care of maintenance of grounds, buildings, and equipment.
- Implement the schedule for the inspection and appropriate maintenance of District facilities’ equipment.
- Assist the Supervisor of Building Services with maintenance of records, including inventories.
- Has the ability to lift 30-50 pounds and occasionally up to 70 pounds.
- Provide training as directed by the Supervisor of Building Services.
- Assist with snow removal at all district buildings, as assigned by the Supervisor of Building Services.
- Respond to all emergencies within the area of responsibility on a 24-hour basis.
- Displays positive and courteous attitude.
- Adhere to all Board of Education policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of Building Services.
- High school diploma or GED required. College / technical education preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a building trade required.
- Technical trade license preferred (HVAC, electrical and/or plumbing).
- Must hold and maintain valid driver’s license.
- 24-hour availability.
- Computer literate.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Interested candidates should apply on-line (link available at www.stafford.k12.ct.us> Employment Opportunities) and include three (3) letters of reference.
Steven A. Moccio, Superintendent of Schools
Stafford Public Schools
Telephone (860) 684-2208, ext. 1
Posting #4 (CC# 438)