JobID 1520 : Elementary Teacher - Dual Certification Preferred (#1837157)
Job | Posted 7 days ago
Elementary Teacher - Dual Certification Preferred It is anticipated that this position will be in 4th grade.
- Must be eligible for State of Delaware Certification as an Elementary Teacher, it is preferred that Special Education certification is also held.
- Must be Highly Qualified.
- Knowledge of Delaware State Content Standards, Assessment & Accountability.
- Excellent communication, organizational, & computer skills.
- Knowledge of best practices.
- Criminal background check, Tuberculin testing, and health verification.
The teacher is to design, implement, and assess lessons which will increase student achievement. The teacher must also maintain a positive classroom environment. The teacher shall enforce the State rules and regulations and district policies to ensure the operation of the educational program.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides the appropriate educational opportunities and instruction for each student, according to his/her IEP.
- Prepare in advance appropriate lesson plans which match district curriculum.
- Keep accurate records, tests, reports, etc. as required by Delaware Statutes and policies, Federal Regulations, School Board Policy and IEP requirements to document growth.
- Establish and maintain good rapport and communication with students, school personnel and parents.
- Works with fellow teachers in planning instruction.
- Establishes and maintains a classroom atmosphere conducive to teaching and learning.
- Plans and uses classroom time effectively.
- Implements School Board and school based policies and procedures in order to uphold school regulations.
- Works closely with regular education teachers, student services staff and outside resources to assist students with special needs.
- Integrates technology in instruction.
- Works continuously toward self-improvement through the active pursuit of professional development activities.
- Participates in district and school level committees designed to foster continuing improvement and growth.
- Communicates curriculum and student related information effectively in oral and written form.
- To attend all eligibility and IEP meetings as designated.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal.
To apply: www.apposchooldistrict.com
"AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER"
Appoquinimink School District
313 South Fifth Street, Odessa, DE 19730-4010
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $14,609 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.05
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 349