JobID 1551 : Occupational Therapist (#1836951)
Description: Community Consolidated School District 62 in Des Plaines, Illinois is seeking a full-time occupational therapist. Occupational Therapists Evaluate students to determine their functional levels and identify special needs. Plan and implement therapeutic activities to assist special education students to benefit from their educational experiences. The position will cover Algonquin and Chippewa Middles Schools as well as Cumberland Elementary School.
- Communicates, collaborates, and cooperates with colleagues, supervisors, and students.
- Implementation to meet the IEP goals; Program planning and management.
- Provide training to the appropriate persons to carry over therapy goals in the school setting.
- Set-up, maintenance and cleaning of treatment areas and O.T. equipment.
- Program services include: self help, functional mobility, environmental adaptations/adaptive equipment, positioning, fine motor and sensory functions, & pre-vocation/vocational skills.
- Function as a team member for IEP's and maintain contact with school, family, physicians and agencies.
- Screening, evaluation, and reassessment to develop IEP.
- Establish and maintain appropriate records, reports, and procedures.
- Schedule students for evaluation and treatment.
- Travel to meet job requirements.
1. Must hold appropriate OT credentials. 2. Experience with middle school programs and students is preferred. 3. Ability to work in a consulting environment.
District 62 has approximately 4,800 students in grades preK-8 in 8 elementary schools, 2 middle schools and 1 year-around, K-8 school. This assignment will be in one elementary school in the district.
Applications are considered complete when all required items are submitted for review including: 1) an on-line application at www.d62.org/employment, 2) a letter of interest in the position, 3) unofficial copies of all college and/or university transcripts, and 4) three recent letters of recommendation from past or current professional employment. All required documents should be electronically attached to the on-line application.
All applications will be reviewed by the Assistant Superintendent of Pupil Personnel Services and recommended for further interview consideration. After interviews are completed, the Associate Superintendent will make a recommendation to the Board of Education via the Superintendent.