JobID 1386 : Language and Literacy through the Dramatics Art Teacher (#1836872)
Job Summary: The teacher is responsible for delivering engaging and differentiated instruction that is aligned with the curriculum and learning standards. The teacher is responsible for integrating various forms of literature, technology, and dramatic arts to develop reading comprehension, public speaking and interpersonal skills, as well as non-verbal language. The teacher establishes a culture for learning within the classroom, ensuring that students grow academically, socially, and emotionally. The teacher maintains regular communication with parent(s)/guardian(s) with regard to the instructional program and student progress.
- Current and valid Illinois Professional Education License with a middle school ELA endorsement;
- Current and valid Illinois Professional Education License with a Theater/Drama endorsement preferred;
- Prior college level theatrical and/or debate team experience preferred;
- Ability to assess the learning of students and modify or enhance instruction as needed;
- Ability to analyze various forms of data and use the information to make instructional decisions;
- Knowledge of learning styles and skill in using standards-based varied teaching methods to address student learning styles;
- Individual must be able to incorporate technology, various forms of literature, and the dramatic arts in their daily instruction;
- Able to work with a diverse student population and establish open and regular communications with parents and guardians;
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Working Conditions: Regular school days (180 days per year)
- Starting salary of $42,570;
- Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a competitive benefits package
- Employee assistance pgroam offered to employees and their immediate family members;
- Qualified candidates may be granted up to eight years of verified full-time public school teaching experience for credit on the salary schedule;
- The District offers a mentoring program for all teachers who are new to the District.
Application Procedure: Submit application online at www.district130.org
Cook County School District 130 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.