POSITION: Library Director
|LOCATION: NDSCS Wahpeton
|WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Anyone eligible to work in the US
|TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: This is a full-time, benefited position.
|BACKGROUND CHECK: NDSCS does require a successful background check for the selected candidate prior to an official offer of the position.
The Director position will administer and coordinate services to patrons; provide vision and leadership in resource acquisition by ascertaining the needs for teaching and learning users; and provide leadership and vision in administering and coordinating the Library's technical services to ensure the organization and presentation of an evolving and effectively curated collection; To strategically lead the Library staff by fostering an environment of collaboration, collegiality, integrity, and teamwork.
- Must support the mission, vision, and values of NDSCS
- Master's degree in Library Science from an American library Association (ALA) accredited institution or a master's degree in library, information studies, or related area
- Demonstrated skills in effectively managing, motivating and supervising staff
- Ability to strategically lead the Library staff by fostering an environment of collaboration, collegiality, integrity and teamwork.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication & customer service skills
- Professional and accountable work ethic
- Creative and innovative
- Strong problem solving skills
- Team supervision skills
- Library Credentials
- Experience in a Library
- Management Experience
Immediately or until filled
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To be considered applicants must complete this application. A resume and copies of transcripts should also be uploaded with the application. Once the application process is complete, a review of your qualifications will be completed. The review is a measure of how your qualifications match the required and preferred qualifications for this position. Therefore you should fully describe
your qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the qualifications listed. Only applicants who appear best qualified based on this review will be invited for a personal interview. The submission of all required materials by the screening date is the responsibility of the applicant.
If needed, please contact HR for accommodation or assistance in the application or interview process.
NDSCS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION.