TEMPORARY - Occupational Therapist (#1835404)
Job Description: • Collaborates with other disciplines to ensure team understanding of student occupational performan strengths and needs, through evaluation, educational program planning, and service delivery.
• Evaluates the student’s ability and formulates the student’s occupational profile through a variety of functional, behavioral, and standardized assessments, skilled observation, checklists, histories, and interviews.
• Develops occupationally based intervention plans based on student needs and evaluation results.
• Participates in multidisciplinary meetings to review evaluation results, integrate findings with other disciplines, offer recommendations, and develop individual education plans and intervention plans t achieve IEP goals.
• Provides targeted, evidence-based therapeutic intervention to facilitate student participation and occupational performance within the school environment.
• Adapts and modifies the environment including assistive technology and training instructional staff t individual needs and to help students function as independently as possible.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO PROVIDING CAREEER OPPORTUNIT ALL PEOPLE, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, GENDER, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGI DISABILITY.
• Educates student, educational personnel, and family to facilitate skills in areas of occupation as well health maintenance and safety.
• Monitors and reassess the effects of occupational therapy intervention and the need to continue, mo discontinue intervention.
• Documents occupational therapy services to ensure accountability of service provision and to meet standards for reimbursement of services as appropriate.
• Prioritizes and schedules work tasks independently.
• Maintains records in accordance with professional standards, state guidelines, and school system po
• Supervises non occupational therapy support personnel.
• Participates in continuing education for professional development to ensure practice consistent with practice and to meet Utah Licensure requirements.
• Uses professional literature, evidence based research, and continuing education content to make pra decisions.