JobID 13096 : English Learner Paraprofessional (#1835386)
WORK DAY: 6 hours per day; 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (30 minute unpaid lunch)
WORK CALENDAR: Refer to the attached work calendar in the lower right corner of this posting.
SALARY: $15.50 per hour
BENEFITS: Benefits available for positions working an average of 30 hours per week.
Contact the Insurance office @ 507-328-4226 for detailed insurance information. Make sure to reference the exact job posting.
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4251.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org. A Human Resources Staffing Specialist will respond to your email within two business days.
- Assists students in the English Learners (EL) classroom under the direction of the teacher.
- Performs tasks within the level of responsibility of position as assigned by the supervisor.
- Provides classroom support for elementary students as needed.
- Minimum requirement of two years of college (48 semester credits), a two-year degree, or completion of the Para Pro Assessment.(test available upon job offer from Rochester Public Schools.). Please include transcript with application.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience working with elementary age students.
- Flexibility and the ability to work as a cooperative team member.
- Positive rapport with children including the ability to correct inappropriate student behavior with fairness and consistency.
- Regular, on-time attendance is required.
- Physical requirements: Stooping and bending required.
In addition, the specific skills/educational qualifications for this include:
- Believes that all students can attain high levels of learning.
- Takes responsibility for the learning of our students and his/her own performance.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all students.
- Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
- Won't shy away from today's educational challenges.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills.
- Has a proven track record of success.
- Works with great integrity
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
Rochester Public Schools is one of the three top employers in Rochester, Minnesota with over 3000 employees.
Of those employees, approximately 1,500 are teachers and 700 are paraprofessionals.
Rochester is the seventh largest district in Minnesota with 18,200 students based on enrollment and spans 218 square miles throughout portions of Olmsted and Wabasha Counties.
The student population mirrors the growing diversity of the community with a minority student population of 34.50 percent.
Rochester, Minnesota is a city of 114,000+ and twice voted "The Best Place to Live in America" by Money magazine.