JobID 2883 : Cyber Security Supervisor (#1834585)
Cyber Security Supervisor
The Cyber Security Supervisor is a specialized, hands-on technical position responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, managing and improving district infrastructure security and integrity for a heavily used LAN/WAN (physical/virtual) environment as well as planning, assisting, testing and defending the network from internal and external security threats. Additionally, the Cyber Security Supervisor investigates researches and tests emerging technologies and provides leadership in developing the future use, management, and growth of complex technology systems and security. Heavy emphasis is placed on technical abilities, interpersonal skills, and systems architecture.
- Communicates system changes and updates to appropriate district and building staff.
- Provides leadership in development, deployment, integration of cyber security practices.
- Provides support and management of all district technology infrastructures including maintaining and updating servers.
- Provides technical security leadership on large scale projects.
- Assists in the development and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Establishes processes for technology systems monitoring to provide optimal security policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain role based user privileges and databases.
- Stays current with new and emerging technologies.
- Assists in developing and communicating appropriate policies and procedures.
- Writes/edits technical documentation pertaining to technology security standards and procedures.
- Identifies and recommends best practices for planning, engineering, implementing, maintaining, monitoring and supporting technology and cyber security.
- Remedy attacks to the Districts network from both internal and external users.
- Test the District technology for security vulnerabilities.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Director of Instructional Technology and Technology Services.
- Bachelor degree or relevant work experience in a technology related environment.
- Experience with Student Information Systems.
- Experience with web servers.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL, database design and management.
- Experience with ASP.NET and C# programming languages a plus.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) a plus.
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: Full Year Assignment
SALARY: Supervisory Salary Schedule-Grade 2: $66,188 - $79,426; Plus Benefits Package
EFFECTIVE DATE OF APPOINTMENT: November 4, 2019
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: In addition to completing an application all candidates are required to provide all of the following electronically, as separate items:
- A single page cover letter indicating interest in the position;
- A resume listing personal data, education, training and experience; and
- Three current letters of recommendation.
Click on the RED "APPLY" button above to begin an online application.
Please be aware that as a requirement of your application you will be invited to complete a digital interview via RIVS (Interviewstream). The invitation will come to your email and the RIVS (Interviewstream) system gives you ten (10) calendar days to complete the interview from the time the invitation is issued. Keep in mind that the interview must be completed before you can submit your application, even if the interview expiration is beyond the date of the application deadline. Therefore, all your application materials, interview included, must be submitted by the application deadline.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an extension.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our district. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."