JobID 9266 : Recess Supervisor (OP) (2 Positions) (#1833861)
Hours: 11:05 A.M. - 1:35 P.M.
The primary duty of the Student Recess Supervisor is to provide supervision and ensure safety of students during recess time held inside or outside of the building.
- Experience with grades K-5 desired
- Ability to exercise tact, patience, kindness and positive attitude
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to establish and maintain friendly, cooperative and effective relationships with students
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to supervise individual or groups of students
- Ability to work effectively in an environment which can be both physically and emotionally fatiguing; perform physically demanding requirements of the job
- Ability to occasionally perform physical activities which may include: moving and/or lifting of students with physical disabilities; moving, lifting, and/or physically restraining of students with emotional and/or behavioral disabilities;
- Ability to perform physical activities which may include frequent standing, walking, bending, and/or lifting;
- A successful background check is required
- Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate recreation equipment with dexterity and in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to work in indoor and outdoor work environment subject to varying weather conditions
- Ability to work in condition requiring bending, crouching and kneeling to assist students; pushing/pulling and lifting of recreation equipment; standing/walking for prolonged period of time; occasional running and jumping; and reaching in all directions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Be aware of and implement all site playground rules and regulations.
2. Supervise and monitor students during assigned playground supervision periods.
3. Utilize appropriate disciplinary procedures and techniques in accordance with the school site discipline plan.
4. Be aware of and enforce school safety standards at all times.
5. Report any unsafe playground conditions, including equipment, to an administrator immediately.
6. Alert an administrator to any problem or special information about an individual student;
7. Maintain satisfactory attendance.