JobID 4749 : Benefits Specialist / Analyst (#1832444)
Posted 13 days ago
GENERAL POSITION INFORMATION
Position Title: Benefits Specialist
|Position Department: Human Resources||
Reports To: Sr. Manager, Total Rewards
- Ensure employee information as it relates to benefits program eligibility and enrollment is accurately recorded. Perform quarterly audits.
- Manages the Leave Management Program in coordination with HR and Payroll (including FMLA, Non-FMLA and Workers Compensation).
- Conduct benefits orientation for new hires.
- Assist with billing payments to vendors to ensure accrue accuracy.
- Attends meetings with vendors and brokers to review claims experience; participates in annual renewal process.
- Prepare census data for quotes from insurers.
- Assist with system set-up of Open Enrollment and the implementation of new benefit programs and initiatives.
- Responsible for communicating updates that impact the day-to-day workflow.
- Assists with customer service to employees through email, phone and walk-ins with compensation and benefit related questions.
- Maintains knowledge of state and federal regulations/compliance with FLSA, ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, COBRA, etc.
- Uphold confidentiality and efficiency at all times.
- Four or more years of experience in benefits.
- Associates Degree required; Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Understanding and familiarity with applicable state and federal wage an hour regulations.
- Understanding of ACA, COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, ADAAA and other benefits legislation.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise judgment and discretion in handling large volumes of confidential information.
- Must think critically when evaluating job positions, salary scales and other compensation and benefit policies.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and provide high levels of customer service.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, creativity and inquisitive thinking.
- Intermediate or advanced excel skills.
- Ability to work with HRIS/payroll database and standard software products.
- Detail oriented, extremely organized, and have the ability to manage multiple assignments successfully in a fast paced and changing environment.
- A self-starter with a professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check
- Must be able to obtain and hold a valid IVP Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at all times
- Travel between campuses is required from time to time.
- This position requires the need to lift objects (up to 25 pounds) on occasion.
- This position may require sitting for long periods at times, talking on the phone, standing, kneeling, stooping and long periods of concentration.
- Local and instate travel required.