JobID 2877 : Custodian I - 2nd Shift (CM) (#1831060)
DESCRIPTION: Custodian I - 2nd Shift (CM) (Initial Location: JHHS) 40 hrs/wk CMS12 Grade I Effective: October 28, 2019
ASSIGNMENT: 12 Month
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Perform general custodial duties for the custody and care of the facility to provide a safe, secure, attractive, comfortable, clean and efficient educational environment. This would include cleaning, moving student equipment, and setting up for programs and activities as well as any special projects assigned.
- Maintained regular attendance with no occurrences of attendance abuse during the previous two years as described in Article 13 Section D of the current agreement.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and appropriately, as well as exhibit patience and understanding, with students, staff and the general public.
- Must be able to use prescribed safety and personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. on a frequent basis and up to 80 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to perform difficult physical labor in variable weather conditions such as hot, cold, rain, snow, wind, etc.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders on a frequent basis, and work from scaffolding and lifts on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, twist and reach while performing various assignments as well as operate all related equipment.
- Maintain the knowledge, skills, and physical ability necessary for operating cleaning equipment, (manual and mechanized), and for cleaning and sanitizing any areas of the building as assigned.
- Maintain the knowledge, skills and physical ability necessary for moving school equipment, and setting up and breaking down for programs and activities.
- Maintain the knowledge, skills, and physical ability necessary for monitoring and operating basic building systems and related equipment.
- Be observant and inform the supervisor of potention trouble spots in the operation of building systems and equipment to prevent a failure or breakdown.
- Observe and comply with appropriate required codes.
- Perform snow removal and salting on an occasional basis as needed.
- Perform assigned tasks in the amount of time appropriate to the task at hand.
- Identify and take action to remedy potential safety and health problems.
- Project a positive image of the District to students, staff and the general public.
- Report in writing to the supervisor any observed misuses or needed repairs to school property.
- Participate in District sponsored training programs to maintain and update knowledge, skills, certifications, and licenses as required for this position.
- Effectively communicate and appropriately respond to various forms of electronic communication provided by the District.
- Perform additional related duties as assigned.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply online
Click on the red "APPLY" button to begin an online application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our district.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.