JobID 5212 : Special Education Teacher - SSN/SED/Autism (#1830012)
Turnberry Elementary School, a 27J School in Commerce City, CO, is currently seeking a Special Education Teacher to provide direct instructional inclusion and assessment services to students with various types of disabilities. This is a full-time, or 1.0 FTE, position.
- Provide direct instructional inclusion and assessment services to students with disabilities.
- Work as a part of a teacher team in the development and direction of the program including supervision of paraprofessionals and coordination with related services staff and teachers within the elementary school.
- Work with parents and agency personnel in coordinating needs for each student.
- A valid Colorado Department of Education Teaching License - Special Education.
- Colorado Department of Education “Special Education Generalist” by CDE endorsement or qualifications to teach the posted subject area.
- The ability to handle many complex tasks simultaneously.
- The ability and interest to be part of a high-functioning team.. (Having respected and trusted colleagues, preferably as teammates, makes the demands of teaching sustainable.)
- The ability and interest to learn continuously and to adapt to changing circumstances (student characteristics, curriculum, and so on).
- A belief in empowering all children as owners of their learning.
Application Procedure: Apply to www.workat27j.com.
External applicants: upload a current resume, a current teaching license and transcripts.
27J Current Contracted Teachers: mark that you are a current 27J employee on the application, upload a current resume and provide a maximum of 2 years previous work experience. Substitutes are considered External applicants.
All future correspondence will be handled via the email address you provided in your online application. Check your In-Box and SPAM folder.
All 27J postings close at 4:00 p.m. Mountain Time