Roy Jr High - (3.90 hrs.) Jr High Life Skills Sp Ed Paraeducator
A position has been declared open in the Weber School District at Roy Jr High for a Jr High Life Skills Sp. Ed. Paraeducator. This position is for 3.90 hours per day 9 months per year. Weber District employees may send a resume to the school principal directly. Applicants outside the District may apply on Teachers-Teachers.com. Files will be reviewed before interviews are scheduled.
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED, AFTER A MINIMUM OF 3 WORKING DAYS
Purpose Statement: The job of Jr High Life Skills Special Education Paraeducator - Resource was established for the purpose/s of assisting assigned teaching personnel in the supervision and instruction of special education students; performing classroom clerical tasks; and assisting students by meeting special health care needs and developing students' daily living and behavioral skills.
Essential Functions • Adapts classroom work under the direction of the teacher for the purpose of providing a method to support and/or reinforce lesson plans.
• Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
• Confers with parents for the purpose of assisting in evaluation of students' progress and/or implementing students' objectives as requested.
• Implements under the supervision of the teacher, instructional behavioral programs in accordance with lesson plans for the purpose of assisting the teacher in improving students' academic success through a defined course of study.
• Maintains students' files/records for the purpose of documenting activities and/or providing reliable information.
• Monitors individual students, classroom, library, activities, etc. for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
• Performs record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, etc.) for the purpose of supporting the teacher and/or administrator in providing records/materials.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications Skills, Knowledge and Abilities SKILLS are required to perform single, technical tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices. KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; understand written procedures, write routine documents, and speak clearly; and understand multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: safety practices and procedures; and health standards and hazards. Must be able to adapt to changing work priorities; displaying tact and courtesy; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; being attentive to detail; and working with detailed information/data. Experience Job related experience is desired. Education High School diploma or equivalent.