JobID 5210 : Spanish Teacher (#1829008)
Riverdale Ridge HS is seeking a qualified Spanish teacher to provide instruction in Spanish I and IV for second semester (Winter/Spring 2020) of this school year. The position is available due to a temporary leave, but as a growing school we expect opportunities for additional staffing in the 2020/2021 school year. Successful candidates will join a small and energetic team of fellow Spanish teachers to help support and grow the young scholars at RRHS.
Riverdale Ridge is devoted to creating a learning community which:
- Fosters the academic, social, and emotional development of each learner
- Empowers students with the knowledge and skills to be self-directed lifelong learners
- Sets and supports high expectations for all students as they pursue their individual learning and extracurricular endeavors
- Values the rich and unique perspectives every member brings to our community
- Provides a safe, supportive, and challenging learning community for all students to THRIVE!
- Actively collaborate with fellow educators to create a culture where we share failures as well as successes in our quest to implement the learning community described above
- Ensure instructional excellence is systematically supported and delivered daily
- Nurture positive relationships with all students
- Be committed to a continuous improvement mindset for all aspects of our learning community
- Certification/licensing as required by Colorado Department of Education.
- Bachelor's degree required with student teaching at the secondary level.
- Experience using multiple validations to monitor student progress.
- Experience developing diverse instructional strategies and the ability to use various types of assessments.
- Successful experience in secondary education with an understanding of state standards.
- An understanding of small schools learning communities and the desire to create and maintain those communities.
- Knowledge of high school students' interests, needs, and abilities with a commitment and dedication to students and education.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective member of a collaborative team using student learning demonstrations and related data to drive instruction and MTSS practices
- Desire to develop a learning environment which prepares students for careers not only for today, but for those that will exist in 2018 and beyond
Please apply online at www.workat27j.com. External applicants must upload a current resume, copy of teaching license, and transcripts. Teachers currently contracted with SD27J, please use Internal Application, upload a current resume and provide a maximum of 2 years previous work experience. Substitutes are considered External applicants.
- All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.