JobID 1220 : Long Term School Counselor (#1828696)
Long Term School Counselor
Select for Job Posting to display without a location indicated.
1. Strives to implement by the performance of job responsibilities the district's philosophy, educational objectives, and instructional goals.
2. Takes necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
3. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
4. Abides by and assists in enforcing school rules, administrative regulation, and board policy as found in the student handbook, personnel handbook, MHEA contract, and written notice of policy changes listed in the minutes of the Board of Education.
5. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes as defined in the MHEA contract.
6. Attends faculty meetings.
7. Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
8. Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
9. Establishes and maintains cooperative relations with others.
10. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
11. Meets accepted standards of professional behavior.
12. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct in the classroom and on the campus.
13. Performs related duties as assigned by the administration in accordance with MHEA contract.
14. Attends regularly and is punctual in arrival and departing times from building, classes, and committee meetings.
15. Provides services for all students at all grade levels.
16. Provides counseling services on an individual and group basis.
17. Assists in giving district-approved student assessment during the school day as defined by the MHEA contract.
18. Establishes and uses effective follow-up procedures.
19. Provides referral services for students to outside agencies.
20. Assists students in selecting courses and is involved in scheduling students into classes.
21. Serves as a liaison between school, home, and community agencies in improving the health of school children.
22. Contributes to the in-service health education program for teachers and other school personnel.
23. Strives to communicate to the administration and the Board of Education innovative instructional procedures, recent trends, and curricular changes, which would improve or refine the existing educational program.
24. Holds information about students in the strictest confidence, using it only in consultations in the interest of the student.
25. Assists in planning and implementing career guidance activities using the resources in the Career Center.
26. Communicates educational information to parents and the community.
27. Is aware of student, parental, and community needs so that instruction and programs complement these needs.
28. Cooperates with and assists othet members of the staff in planning and conducting district approved student assessments such as ACT Explore, ACT PLAN, ACT, and PSAE.
29. Cooperates with and assists other members of the staff in preparing approved documents of student progress reports, grades, and other transcript data for temporary and permanent records.
1. Teacher Certification for Illinois 2. School Service Certificate
Must have computer skills, communication skills, and ability to work with students with varying abilities from diverse backgrounds. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board of education may prescribe.Salary and Benefits
Salary and benefits according to teaching salary scale.
Mt. Vernon Township High School is an equal opportunity employer.