JobID 4726 : Preschool Lead Teacher-East Mesa-2019-2020 School Year (#1828216)
Posted 7 days ago
General Position Information
Position Title: Preschool Lead Teacher
Position Department/Campus: Supports Approved LTS Campuses
Reports To: Community Education Site Coordinator
Our Mission and Purpose: Legacy Traditional schools is dedicated to providing motivated students with the opportunity to achieve academic excellence in an accelerated, back-to-basics, safe learning environment taught by caring, knowledgeable, and highly effective educators in cooperation with supportive, involved parents.
Position OverviewThe Preschool Lead Teacher provides a caring, safe, and well managed environment for children to participate in learning activities and imaginative play. The teacher provides instruction in basic skills such as color, shape, number and letter recognition as well as social skills. The Lead Teacher establishes clear objectives for all lessons, prepares, organizes, and leads instruction in all activities. The Lead Teacher will lead evaluation of children's academic performance and social development. The Lead teacher will communicate with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress. The Lead Teacher ensures enforcement of all district policies and rules regarding preschool program. The Lead teacher ensures meals and snacks are served in accordance with nutritional guidelines. Lead teacher will perform administrative duties such as attend staff meetings and professional development, prepare student progress reports, supervise and evaluate teacher assistants, and conduct inventory of equipment, materials, and supplies.
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
- Plans, develops and implements age appropriate curriculum.
- Devise and impart lesson plans on a daily basis.
- Assists students, individually or in small groups, with lesson assignments (e.g. read stories, providing writing assistance, reinforce language skills, numbers, alphabet, computer learning programs, etc.) for the purpose of practicing and/or reinforcing learning concepts and assisting students in reaching academic goals and grade level standards.
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials (e.g. art projects, computer, language skills, etc.) for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom goals and objectives.
- Assist students during lunchtime, toileting and washing activities.
- Enforce cleanup activities after lunchtime by modeling appropriate behavior.
- Maintains classroom equipment, work area, and manual and electronic files and records (e.g. clean/bleach tables, sign-in/sign-out logs, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of items; providing written reference; providing a safe learning environment; and/or meeting mandated requirements.
- Prepare instructional materials (e.g. laminating, making posters, making copies, bulletin boards, filing, newsletters, etc.).
- Provide an environment of comfort and security for young students by indulging in nurturing behavior.
- Reports observations and incidents relating to specific students (e.g. accidents, fights, appropriate and/or inappropriate social behavior, violations of rules, safety conditions, change in behavior, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate instructional and/or administrative personnel.
- Maintain ongoing, open communication with parents/caregivers.
- Provide a classroom environment that encourages parent participation.
- Ensure that each family receives an opportunity to build strong relationships and experience clear communication with teacher staff.
- Liaison with children’s families to ensure smooth transition from home to school setting and transitions from classroom to classroom when needed.
- Assist families with children’s transitions from toddler to preschool and from preschool to kindergarten.
- Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. classroom, playground, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Ensures that Teacher Assistants are kept updated in all matters concerning the classroom and program, i.e. lead teacher meetings, lesson plans, policies and procedures, training received, etc.
- Provide functional training and guidance to staff, interns, substitutes and volunteers assigned to the classroom.
- Positively interact with all students.
- Create a safe learning environment that is conducive to learning.
- Capable of designing lesson plans to meet student needs and school & state requirements.
- Able to employ varied teaching strategies and best practices that effectively teaches the curriculum.
- Ability to identify individual student needs.
- Good communication skills with, students, coworkers, administration and parents.
- Ability to collaborate with other teachers and school staff.
- Ability to maintain flexible work schedule.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the teaching profession by utilizing resources for professional development therefore, improving the education that is provided.
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Food Handler’s Card/Certification
- Must be able to obtain and hold a valid IVP Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at all times.
- The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- This position requires proof of current immunization records.
- Must have ability to interact positively with students, parents, teachers and administrators.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Duties are performed typically in school and/or office settings throughout the division. May include frequent walking, standing, stooping, lifting up to approximately 25 pounds and occasional lifting of equipment and/or materials weighing up to approximately 40 pounds may be required.
- Must have the ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time; to enter data into a computer keyboard; to research identified job related duties using the Internet and other resources; see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; and the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.