JobID 1373 : Long Term Substitute / Family and Consumer Science Teacher (#1828209)
Long Term Substitute for Family and Consumer Science
01/06/2020 through 05/23/2020
The Family and Consumer Science teacher help students develop the knowledge and skills required to manage a home. They teach topics that include nutrition, menu planning, food preparation, child development, clothing and textiles care and construction, consumer education, family relations, safety and use of household equipment.
- Valid Illinois PEL registered in Lake County, IL (region 34)
- Endorsed in Home Economics, Consumer Education, Food and Nutrition
- Ability to work with all levels of students to differentiate instruction
- Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills
Bilingual preferred (Spanish)
Assigned Duties / Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Mundelein High School supervising teacher in delivering course(s) that may include one or more of the following:
- Clothing - Students investigate the basics of fashion, design and sewing techniques.
- Child Development - Students investigate current issues affecting children and families including conception, pregnancy, prenatal development and te birth of a child.
- Food and Nutrition - Students learn the foundations of healthful eating and nutrition, and incorporate this knowledge into the preparation of a variety of recipes within the guidelines of MyPlate.gov.
- Responsible for the following roles/activities:
- Plan cooperatively for instruction. The plans should include, but not limited to, instructional goals and objectives, the subject matter to be covered, the procedures to be used, lesson closure, audiovisual materials and other supplies needed, and evaluation of pupil achievement/formative assessment.
- Utilize a variety of teaching materials and strategies in order to determine those which are most appropriate.
- Develop and implement procedures for managing the class effectively during instruction, incorporating various groupings and presentation techniques.
- Determine the students' developmental levels and provide commensurate instruction.
- Participate int he evaluation and documentation of student progress and attendance.
- Demonstrate an ability to continually assume greater responsibility in conducting the classes.
- Other duties as may be assigned by Department Chair for Fine and Applied Arts and/or Building Principal.
Application Procedure: Apply online
Due to the volume of applications we receive, the district is unable to respond to telephone and email inquires regarding the status of an application.