JobID 1299 : Director of Transportation (#1828200)
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, to manage the Transportation Department functions of the district, including bus drivers and monitors, bus maintenance, purchasing, fuel contracts, and other duties deemed necessary for the efficient transportation of the district’s students.
Provide strategic leadership for the school corporation in the area of student transportation. Responsible for the planning, organization, and supervision of student transportation program for the district in the most practical, safe, and economical manner in accordance with Board policies.
· Assists the Director of Operations in financial planning and preparing annual budget requests for school district operations to maintain and improve educational opportunities and all necessary areas of student transportation.
· Prepares monthly operating statements, quarterly reports, and other information or documents as requested or required.
· Develops and administers procedures for inventory and the purchase of supplies and equipment relative to student transportation.
· Oversees the maintenance of student transportation vehicles, including inspections, preparations thereof, etc.
· Develops and evaluates bus routes to ensure efficiency and safety of students.
· Works in collaboration with school administrators to eliminate barriers in terms of student transportation.
· Assists the Director of Operations in establishing guidelines and procedures related to school districting. Establishes, monitors and manages all safety and risk management policies, procedures and practices for the purpose to ensure a safe environment for employees and students in their use of school transportation, and to comply with legal requirements (e.g. OSHA and Workers’ Compensation).
· Supervises the following departments/programs:
- All areas of student transportation including office staff, bus drivers, mechanics, trainers, bus monitors, etc.
· Attends Board and other school district meetings as requested.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Superintendent or Director of Operations.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Use standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copier, fax machines, calculator and telephone.
Travel to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Work in standard office and school building environments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knowledge of legal requirements in the operations of a school district.
· Knowledge of state and local financing in order to create and maintain budgets
· Ability to analyze situations to define and draw conclusions.
· Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding school district finance, transportation, and other areas under responsibility.
· Ability to develop and implement projects.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to organize multiple tasks and conflicting time constraints.
· Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to leadership, performance and professional growth.
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred, but not required.
Extensive successful experience managing or directing a department of an organization.
· Extensive successful experience overseeing the student transportation department of an educational institution.
· Successful supervisory experience preferred.
$300/day with benefits
Starting date is negotiable
Hiring Manager: Brett Boezeman - email@example.com