JobID 250 : Support - Locksmith/Glaizer (#1826979)
Job Title: Locksmith/Glazier
Credentials: Valid Oklahoma Driver's License and acceptable driving record
Education: High school diploma or GED; experience in locksmithing, door hardware, and glass
Training or experience required: Between 1 to 2 years of directly related experience repairing locks, making keys, repairing broken windows, hanging doors, metal frames, etc.
Site: Central Services Center
Reports to: Director of Central Services.
Contract: 260 days
Salary Schedule: Maintenance 1
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Repair, replace, and reset locks to keep building secure.
- Make keys as needed for all buildings. Assist architects with key codes for the school district. Maintain inventory of who has keys for security reasons.
- Install metal doors, frames, closers, and panic bars.
- Assist the glazier with window repair.
- Clean work area and maintain locksmith and glazier shop and tools, including an assigned vehicle.
- Inform supervisor of known failures or likely failures of locks or door hardware.
- Operate lift for working at heights.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Employees must possess the basic communication skills to exchange information, give and receive simple instructions and respond to inquiries. Employees in this position may be required to perform routine computations requiring a knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers, fractions, decimals and/or percentages. The employee must use tools or equipment in a manner requiring competence and must meet certain performance standards which normally would be gained by on the job exposure or training.In a workday, the employee may sit up to 4 hours per day; stand/walk 4-8 hours per day.Employee's job requires frequent bending/stooping, squatting/crouching, crawling/kneeling, reaching above shoulder, and pushing/pulling. Employee's job requires frequent carrying/lifting of up to 75 pounds for doors, frames, windows, etc. The job requires the employee to use both feet for repetitive movements as in operating foot controls; both hands for such repetitive actions requiring the simple to firm grasping and/or fine manipulation.The employee must possess manual dexterity/visual ability to operate hand and power tools, and ladders. The employee must possess hearing/speaking ability to provide instructions and communicate. Employee's job requires working on unprotected heights (roofs); Use of/close to machinery; working in the outdoors with temperature changes; driving motorized equipment; exposure to toxic gas, dust, solvents, fumes, gases.